Abu Dhabi (Gulf Inside) Abu Dhabi: The UAE’s public transport regulator has warned that a fine of 500 dirhams will be imposed for arguing or insulting other passengers and staff on Abu Dhabi’s public buses.
The Department of Local Government and Transport’s Integrated Transport Center (ITC) said that a range of fines, from DH100 to DH500, also applies to public bus users for multiple violations.
Describing the various fines in a social media post, the ITC said the fines apply to “frequent violations by public transport users”.
ITC added, “Let’s strengthen our positive attitudes.
These are the most frequent violations by public transport users, with fines ranging from AED 100 to AED 500. Your commitment avoids violations. pic.twitter.com/SHXXoA3O1K
— “ITC” مركز النقل المتكامل (@ITCAbuDhabi) March 16, 2022
Fines In Abu Dhabi Government Buses
Here is a list of violations and their applicable penalties:
- DH100 fine for carrying any kind of sharp objects on public buses
- DH100 fine for carrying any kind of flammable items on public buses
- DH100 fine for using preferential seats reserved for certain bus users, including committed individuals
- A fine of 200 dirhams for eating, drinking or chewing on a public bus
- 200 dirhams fine for smoking in public bus
- 200 dirhams fine for failure to pay rent
- A fine of 200 dirhams for bringing a bicycle in a public bus which does not have a designated place for transporting bicycles
- A fine of 500 dirhams for selling a Hafilat card to another public bus user, or to buying a Hafilat card from another public bus user. Hafilat cards can only be obtained from ITC.
- DH500 for arguing or insulting other public bus users
- DH500 fine for arguing with bus drivers, or distracting
Also Read This: How to Check Medical Insurance Status with Emirates ID? 2022