Dubai (Gulf Inside) The day of free parking facility has been changed in the leading state of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, the government has shifted the free parking in Dubai from Friday to Sunday, all the details in this regard have also been revealed.
According to the local news paper, Sunday is the new Friday for free parking in Dubai. Paid parking zones will be free to use on Sundays instead of Fridays, as was the case before. The chairman of the council, Sheikh Hamdan bin Muhammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, issued a resolution on Monday.
What are the newly paid parking hours in Dubai?
- Parking fees will apply for 14 hours daily from 8am to 10pm, except Sundays and public holidays.
What about multi-story parking facilities?
- They will charge a parking fee 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Is there a limit to how many hours a car can be parked in the pad zone?
- Vehicles can be parked in the roadside parking slot for a maximum of four consecutive hours.
- This facility is in the parking lot for a maximum of 24 hours.
- The car can be parked for a maximum of 30 days in multi-story parking facilities.
Why has Free Parking Day been changed?
- No reason has been given for this, but the UAE moved to a shorter working week earlier this year, with half-day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday forming a new weekend, the private sector said. Most firms in Dubai have adopted the weekend, so for most employees in Dubai, Friday is a working day and Sunday is a day off, so the most likely shift in the free parking day is because of this.
Are there any changes to the other times of services offered by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA)?
- Most RTA services were adjusted to the new weekend, including the closure of metros, trams, vehicle testing centers, service centers and floating bridges.
Also Read This: DH500 Fine In Abu Dhabi Public Bus, ITC Warns