The holy month of Ramadan in Dubai UAE is about to begin with the appearance of the crescent moon and will continue for the next 29 to 30 days. This is a very spiritual time for the Muslim devotees with which it is obligatory for every healthy Muslim to fast from Fajr to evening during Ramadan. This is also the time for Muslims to refrain from extreme emotions such as anger and not committing any immoral acts. Other acts of worship are encouraged during the holy month, such as contributing to charity and reciting the Qur’an. Complete list of Ramadan dua for breaking fast or iftar dua and many other duas.
Ramadan is divided into three decades (phases), each lasting ten days. In this post, we will cover Ramadan prayers for every decade. This will include other common prayers of the holy month along with their English transcripts and translations.
Ramadan Duas in English
Dua To See The Moon Of Ramadan Dua For Sighting Crescent Moon
The regular beginning of Ramadan is when the crescent moon appears. The prayer to be recited after seeing the month of Ramadan is as follows:
- اللہ اکبر! اللّٰہُمَّ اَللّٰہُ عَلَیْنَا بِالْمُؤْمِنِیْ وَالْإِسْلَامِ وَالْإِسْلَامِ وَتَوفِیْکَ لِمَا تُحِبُّوْا تَرْدُ۔ ربنا و ربک اللہ
- allah ‘akbari! aluluhuma alllh alaaluyn bilmumini walslam wal’iislam watafik lum tuhibuwa trudu. rabin warabi
- English Translation: Allah is the greatest! O Allah, raise the crescent moon over us with peace, faith, tranquility and Islam and grant us success in all that you love and that you are pleased with. Allah is your Lord and also our Lord.
Dua For Ramadan Fasting (Suhoor)
Eating Sehri or Sehri is an important factor during Ramadan as it is the last meal before sunrise and fasting. Iftar is an evening meal with which Muslims break their fast at sunset.
These are the dua for breaking fast or iftar & suhoor dua that Muslims recite before breaking the fast:
- Suhoor Dua:
- وَبِصَوْمِ غَدٍ نَّوَيْتُ مِنْ شَهْرِ رَمَضَانَ
- wabisawm ghad nawayt min shahr ramadan
- Dua Translation In English: I intend to fast tomorrow in this month of Ramadan.
Dua For Breaking Fast In Ramadan
- Dua For Breaking Fast In Ramadan
- اللَّهُمَّ اِنِّى لَكَ صُمْتُ وَبِكَ امنْتُ وَعَليْكَ تَوَكّلتُ وَ عَلى رِزْقِكَ اَفْطَرْتُ
- Allahumma inni laka sumtu, wa bika aamantu, [wa ‘alayka tawakkaltu], wa Ala rizqika aftartu
- English Translation Of Dua For Breaking Fast: O Allah! I fasted for you and believed in you and broke my fast with your provision.
Ramadan Duas For Three Decades (Ashras)
The month of Ramadan provides an opportunity for Muslims to seek salvation with each passing decade, which represents its own form of revenge. There are three decades in Ramadan, each of which has a different prayer. The first 10 days, which represent the mercy, and the next forgiveness, and the final salvation from the fires of Hell.
Ramadan First Ashra Dua
The first 10 days of Ramadan refer to the mercy of Allah which is meant to have mercy on other brothers. The prayer for the first 10 days of Ramadan is:
- Dua For The First Ten Days Of Ramadan:
- رَّبِّ اغْفِرْ وَ ارْحَمْ وَ اَنْتَ خَیْرُ الرّٰحِمِیْنَ۠
- Rabbi ighfir warham wa anta khayrur raahimeen
- English Translation: O my Lord! Forgive me and have a mercy on my self and You are the Most Merciful.
Ramadan Second Ashra Dua
The second decade is the time of forgiveness. At this stage, Muslims seek forgiveness from Allah and repent of their sins. The prayer that can be recited in the second decade is:
- اَسْتَغْفِرُ اللہَ رَبِّی مِنْ کُلِّ زَنْبٍ وَّ اَتُوْبُ اِلَیْہِ
- Astagfirullaha rab-bi min kulli zambiyon wa-atoobuilaiyh
- English Translation: I ask forgiveness from Allah who is my Lord, for every sin that I have committed.
Ramadan Third Ashra Dua
The third and final decade ends on the 29th or 30th of Ramadan and is of special importance to Muslims as it represents protection from the fires of Hell. In addition, you need to know that the most important night of a full Islamic calendar, Laylat al-Qadr, which falls at this time. The prayer for the last 10 days of Ramadan is:
- Dua For The Third Decade Of Ramadan:
- اَللَّهُمَّ أَجِرْنِي مِنَ النَّارِ
- Allahumma Ajirni minan naar
- English Translation: O Allah save me from the fire of Hell
Laylat al-Qadr Dua
Known as the Night of Destiny, Laylat al-Qadr also commemorates the night in which our holy Qur’an was first revealed to the Prophet Muhammad. In addition to dhikr (remembrance of Allah) and recitation of the Qur’an, some Muslims observe i’tikaaf, an Islamic practice that involves staying in a mosque for a day or two and devoting oneself to worship. The prayer recited on Laylat al-Qadr is:
Laylat al-Qadr Dua – 1
- اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ كَرِيمٌ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي
- Allahumma innaka afuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’fu anni’
- English Translation: O Allah, You are very forgiving and love to forgive, so forgive me
Laylat al-Qadr Dua – 2
- أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّہَ الَّذِی لاَ إِلَہَ إِلاَّ ہُوَ الْحَیُّ الْقَیُّومُ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَیْہِ
- Astaghfir ullah-alladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayyumu, wa atubu ilaihi
- English Translation: I ask forgiveness from Allah, for there is no god but He, the Living, the Eternal, and I repent to Him.
Laylat al-Qadr Dua – 3
- لاَ حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّۃَ اِلَّابِاللہِ
- La hawla wala quwwata illa billah
- English Translation: There is no power and strength except that which is obtained through Allah.
Laylat al-Qadr Dua – 4
4 – Dua:
- لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
- La ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minaz zalimin
- English Translation: There is no god but you, so holy. Indeed, I have become of the wrongdoers.
Laylat al-Qadr Dua – 5
اللهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِيّ ولوَالديّ وللمُسلمِينَ والمُسلمَاتّ والمُؤمنينَ والمُؤمناتّ
- Allhuma aghfir li wlwaldy wllmuslmin walmuslmat walmumnyn walmumnat
- English Translation: Oh Allah, forgive me and my parents and the male and female Muslims, the male and female believers.
Personal Prayers In Ramadan
You can also be recited personal prayers during Ramadan.
Apart from the above mentioned prayers of Ramadan, these prayers can also be recited as Tasbeeh in Ramadan. Tasbeeh is a verse that is recited over and over again to glorify Allah. Here are some good prayers for Ramadan that can be recited during the holy month:
- يَا حَيُّ يَا قَيُّومُ بِرَحْمَتِكَ أَسْتَغِيثُ
- Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum! Bi rahmatika astagheeth
- English Translation: O Ever Living! I want help from your mercy.
- اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا عَمِلْتُ، وَمِنْ شَرِّ مَا لَمْ أَعْمَلْ
- Allaahumma inni audhu bika min sharri ma ‘amiltu, wa min sharri ma lam a’mal
- English Translation: O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the evil that I have done and from the evil which I have not done.
- رَبِّ اَرْحَمُوْا کما ربّانی صغیرہ
- Rabbi irhamhuma kama rabbayanee sagheera
English Translation: My Lord! Have mercy on them (parents) as they did to me when I was a child.
4 – Dua:
- اللّٰہُمَّ اِنَّ اللّٰہُ عَلَی الْخَیْرَاتِ وَتَرکُلُ مِنْکرات و حبل مسکین
- Allahuma ‘innee as ‘aluka fi’lal-khayraat wa tarkal-munkaraat wa hubbal masakeen
- English Translation: O Allah! I ask you to help me in good deeds, forsake evil deeds and help me in loving the poor and needy.
5 – Dua:
- اللَّهُمَّ اشْفِ مَرْضانا وَمَرْضَى الْمُسْلِمِينَ
- Allahumma ashfi mardana wa mard al muslimeen
- English Translation: O Allah! Grant healing and healing to our sick and sick Muslim believers
Hope You Enjoyed And Learn Dua For Breaking Fast, Iftar Dua, Suhoor Dua And Many More.