If you have a job that allows you to work remotely, and you are interested in using this option to live and/or work in the UAE, the UAE offers an international visa, known as a virtual visa.
You will be granted a 1-year residence permit if you apply for this visa. The visa can be renewed annually
Here’s how to apply for a visa through the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, and Customs Security (ICP). This is the immigration authority that issues visas for the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Sharjah, Fujairah, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain, Umm Al Quwain, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Fujairah, and Umm Al Quwain.
How can I apply for a UAE virtual work visa?
It is important that you are in the UAE when applying for a visa. You can apply on a tourist visa or a visit visa. Or you can have a visa to work remotely. These steps will help you apply for the visa via ICP if you’re already in the UAE.
1. Go to the ICP website at www.icp.gov.ae. Go to the “Service” tab and You need to click on ‘eChannels Residency & Citizenship’ option.
2. After you need to click on “Start service” button which allows you to access the “Virtual Work Permit” option. In the next step you need to complete the application form.
Application information: Here you will need to enter your complete name in English or Arabic. The system will automatically fill in Arabic your name after you have entered it in English. Your email address and telephone number must be entered.
Personal information: Provide your name, nationality, birth date, birthplace, religion, marital status, and marital status. You must also provide your qualifications, company name, profession, and monthly income in this section.
Identification information: You can enter your UID number and visa file number. This is optional.
Passport information: Fill in your passport details such as country, issue date, expiry, and more.
3. Once you’ve completed the form click the “Next” button to upload the documents.
4. Online payment of the application fee via debit or credit card.
5. Once your application has been submitted, you will be sent a confirmation email with the progress of your application and a reference number. After your application has been approved by ICP you will be sent an electronic copy of the virtual visa in PDF format.
What is the cost of a UAE virtual work visa?
- Request fees: Dh100
- Issue fees of Dh100
- E-service fees: Dh28
- ICP fees – Dh22
- Total – Dh250
- Passport copy
- Coloured photo
- Copy of Health Insurance – The ICP website states that applicants must attach a copy of a valid policy from a UAE-based insurance provider.
- The Medical fitness test results
- Evidence of virtual work outside of the UAE
- Salary Certificate for US$3,500 (Dh12.855) or equivalent in foreign currencies