Canada Tourist Visa / Visit Visa An official document issued by the Canadian Visa Office, a Canada Tourist Visa is attached to your passport. It
Canada Tourist Visa / Visit Visa
An official document issued by the Canadian Visa Office, a Canada Tourist Visa is attached to your passport. It proves that you meet the requirements for entry to Canada as a temporary resident, whether as a student, visitor, or worker. Officially, it is called a Temporary Resident Visa.
Canada has two types of visitor visas:
- Single entry visa: Single-entry visas can be granted for up to 6 months
- Multiple-entry visa: Multiple entry visa – Multiple-entry visas can be granted up to 10 years, or one month before the expiry date of the passport or re-entry visa (whichever comes first).
Canada Visit visa / Canada tourist visa requirements & eligibility criteria:
For a Canada tourist visa, the following are the requirements:
- A valid passport
- Good health is proof
- There are no immigration-related convictions or criminal records.
- You must prove that you are going to return to your country. This could be by proving that you have any ties, such as a job or financial assets, with your family.
- You will need to provide proof of funds in order to support yourself during your stay
- The intended duration of your temporary residence and stay
Also Read This: How To Apply Canada Visit Visa From Pakistan
My application for Canada Tourist Visa was denied. My application for Canada Tourist Visa was denied.
There are many reasons why you might be denied entry to Canada.
- Security reasons include involvement in violence, terrorism, subversion or espionage
- Violation of human rights like war crimes
- A criminal record
- Being a member of organized crime
- Excessively demanding medical conditions or those that pose a danger to the public’s health are considered dangerous.
- Financial reasons
- A family member that is not allowed to be in your household
- Non-compliance to IRPA provisions
- False information in documents
- Retention of information regarding IRPA decisions
What are the requirements for a single-entry visa?
- Participate in a special event
- You meet the requirements for fee exemption
- Your visit has a limited purpose
To travel to Canada, do I require an Electronic Travel Authorization?
For travellers from exempt countries who are travelling through Canada, an eTA is required. The eTA can be valid for up to five years, or until your visa expires.
Exempted countries from visa requirements include:
- United Kingdom
Documents Required For Canada Tourist Visa
These are the documents that you will need to get a Canada tourist visa
- Valid passport with more than 6 months validity.
- Documents that prove your ties with your country
- 2 passport-sized photos taken in the most recent past with a white background and no borders
- The photo should not be more than 90 days old.
- If you intend to live with your relatives, a sworn affidavit (or an invitation letter) is required.
- Certificate of medical clearance
- Photocopy of your travel itinerary and/or return ticket
- Additional documents may be required by the local Visa Office
- You will need to provide proof of sufficient funds to stay in Canada for a period.
When applying for a Canadian Tourist Visa, documentation is an essential step.
To avoid visa rejection, consult a lawyer.
These are the most important points to remember when you collect your documents for a Canada Visit Visa.
The last six months of bank statements must be included. It should include foreign slips, property purchases, fixed deposits, and other pertinent information.
An invitation letter should not be too short:
- It should be clear and detailed.
- It should contain your full name, and birth date, as well as confirmation of the dates you will be travelling to Canada.
- It is important that the invitation letter be signed by the person. In case IRCC needs to confirm the intention, they should also include a contact number and an address.
To tie to Homeland:
- Copy of title deeds and lease agreements for a property that have been translated by a certified translator is acceptable
- Include detailed employment letters and contracts to identify yourself as a permanent employee.
How do I extend my Canadian Visitor Visa
You can file for an extension if you are currently in Canada and wish to remain longer than the expiration date of your visa. To apply for an extension you must fill out the IMM 5708 form.
What are the requirements to obtain a Canada Visitor Visa
- You must be in Canada at the moment
- A valid passport must be current for your entire stay.
- For Form IMM 5788, you will be required to pay an additional fee
- It is your responsibility to make sure that any other permits you have (study or work) remain valid and do not affect your visitor permit.
How To Apply For Canada Tourist Visa From India
Apply for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa):
- Step 1 – Choose to apply online or offline.
- Step 2 Complete a visa application form with all the requested information and supporting documents.
- Step 3 Pay the visa processing fee by certified cheque or bank draft
- Step 4 – Bring your passport, photos, and any other documents to the nearest Canadian visa application center.
- Step 5 You will need to provide your fingerprints (biometrics), and a photo (photo).
- Step 6 – Submit your Canada visa application form to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
- Step 7 Obtain the receipt from the application centre containing the unique tracking code.
- Step 8 Track your application online with this number.
- Apply online for Canada travel by using a credit card.
- Children below 18 need to travel with the correct documents and comply with the same entry requirements for adults. Depending on whether the child is traveling alone or with a companion, the border services officer might ask for additional documents. Learn more about the requirements for minor children .
- You may be asked questions after applying for your visa
- Meet with officials from your country to interview them
- Send more information
- Take a medical exam
- A police certificate is required
To apply for a visitor visa, it costs CAD100 (around 5,200 INR), and the biometrics fee of CAN$85 (4,400 INR) is required.
You will need to pay C$100 (or Rs 5532.73) per person to extend your visit as a visitor. You will need to pay C$200 (or Rs 11065.45) for a visa fee in order to restore your visitor status.
Canada Tourist Visa Fees
|Type of Fee
|Amount in Canadian Dollars (CAD)
|Visitor visa application fee
|Visitor visa application fee per family (5 or more people)
|Extension of stay per person
|Biometrics per person
|Biometrics per family (2 or more people)
Canada Tourist Visa Processing Time
What are the benefits to Canada Travel Insurance?
Canada’s travel insurance offers many benefits:
- Protect your luggage against theft or loss while you travel
- This allows you to save money in the event you require medical assistance
- To receive assistance, you can apply for insurance
- All cancelled and delayed flights will be handled
- We will take care of any personal injuries that may occur during your trip
What is a visitor record?
A visit record can be described as a document. An immigration officer issues it. If you plan to stay for longer than six months, you must inform the border services agent. This document is not your passport. This document includes information about when your stay in Canada ends.
What are the requirements to apply for a visitor’s record?
If you are able to prolong your stay, it is possible to do so during your Canadian stay.
Are you required to have a Canadian tourist visa?
Yes, you will need a Canadian tourist visa or electronic travel authorization.
A tourist visa is required to travel from India.
- A passport is required to travel.
- Canada is not your home.
- You are not a US citizen and do not have a Green Card
- You want to travel as a tourist
- It is not your intention to gain access to visit your grandchildren or children.
How do you extend your Canadian visitor visa?
Apply for a visitor record to extend your Canadian visitor visa.
You will generally need to apply online. You may also apply offline in certain instances.
What type of visa is required to travel through Canada?
You will need either a transit visa or a visitor visa to travel through Canada.
A visitor visa is required if you are:
- You can enter the country
- During your travels, stay in the country for at least 48 hours
- You are crossing the Canadian border via cruise ship, boat or train.
If you are:, you will need a transit visa
- The visitor visa you have is null
- In 48 hours or less, you’ll travel through Canada
- An international connection flight will be taken from Canada.
- Canadian airports are where your flight will stop.
Is it enough to apply for a visa for all the family?
One application does not suffice for all family members. Each individual must complete the application for temporary resident visa. This must be signed along with any other forms. All family members can submit their applications in one envelope.
Latest on Canadian Visitor Visas & Coronavirus:
- Online applications are the only way to apply for visitor visas. At this point, paper applications are not accepted.
- Before you can board your plane, you must comply with all airline regulations and undergo a medical check. Anybody with symptoms of COVID-19 is not allowed to fly into Canada.
- Before you can leave Canada, the Canadian authorities will conduct a health check.
- When you arrive in Canada, you must have a plan for quarantine. Even if you don’t have symptoms, this is mandatory. You should not travel to Canada if you do not have a plan.
- Quarantine exemptions are only available to those who provide essential services. For example, truck drivers who cross the border regularly to keep goods flowing are exempted from quarantine.
What are the expectations for a Canadian tourist visa?
If you are traveling to Canada with a tourist visa, the following will apply:
- You need to meet with border services
- Which countries do not need a visa to gain entry into Canada?
Andorra Croatia Italy Netherlands Spain Austria Denmark Israel New Zealand Solomon Islands Antigua and Barbuda Estonia South Korea Namibia Slovakia Australia France Japan Poland Slovenia Bahamas Finland Lithuania Portugal Swaziland Barbados Greece Latvia Papua New Guinea Sweden Belgium Germany Liechtenstein St Lucia Switzerland Brunei Hungary Luxembourg San Marino United States Botswana Ireland Monaco St Vincent United Kingdom Cyprus Iceland Malta Singapore Western Samoa
- Canada immigration officers will ensure that you meet all requirements
- You can enter the country if you meet all the requirements
- Your stay will be authorized by the border services officer
- They will stamp your passport